But it can be easy to sell your home when you have kids if you do some small things to remedy clutter:
- Go through the toys and limit the number of toys that the kids can keep out. Put the rest in storage, or donate toys that they don’t use.
- Clean out the closets. Kids grow out of clothes and shoes quickly. Go through the kids closets and donate clothes that are too small. This will also help the closet look bigger.
- If you have a baby store the large baby items out of the way. Large highchairs, playards can make your home look smaller.
- Clean out the diaper pail daily.
- Organize books and toys neatly in baskets, boxes, and bins.
- Keep a laundry basket by the door for last minute pick-ups. You can always throw the basket in your car if you don’t have time to sort through it before the buyer arrives for a showing.
- Get the kids involved. Even small children can help keep the house tidy.