Often foreclosures are sold “as is” and many times do not have a seller disclosure available for review. This makes it even more important to get a thorough home inspection.
Here are some issues to be aware of commonly found with foreclosures and not usually seen with the naked eye.
- Roof damage
- Damaged appliances
- Damaged or missing plumbing
- Faulty electrical systems and components
- HVAC system problems
- Conducive termite conditions
- Water penetration and damage issues
- Interior structural damage
A home inspection is essential not only to identify problems with the home but to also get a more realistic picture of the things that need to be repaired to make the home livable.