Weston is a small town located in Middlesex County, on the perimeter of the Boston metro area. The town has an estimated population of around 11,000 permanent residents and is considered one of the country’s most affluent towns with over 1,000 or more households.
During the late 1600s, the town was established as the West Precinct of Watertown, one of the earliest settlements in Massachusetts Bay. It was officially incorporated as the town of Weston in 1713.
Today, Weston is known for its tranquil, countryside setting and strong sense of community. The town is an excellent place to raise a family, with its top-notch school system, pedestrian-friendly environment, and family-friendly destinations.
The Weston Public School District serves five schools: Country School (K-grade 3), Woodland School (K-grade 3), Field School (grades 4-5), Weston Middle School (grades 6-8), and Weston High School (grades 9-12). Weston Windows, an integrated pre-school, has classrooms within Woodland and Country Schools, and was established to educate children with special needs aged three years old and above.
Since 1969, the town has also participated in the METCO program, a voluntary program that aims to increase diversity by offering more educational opportunities for students in Boston.
Weston is home to many exclusive private schools.
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, The Cambridge School of Weston, The Rivers School, The Rivers School Conservatory, and The Gifford School. There is also one college located in Weston, Regis College.
The Weston Community Center offers nearly 500 programs over the course of the year. The center is located on the same campus as the Field School, Woodland School and Country School. Memorial Pool is located in between Woodland School and Country School. The Town Pool is a big hit with residents offering a fun place to gather and swim.
Weston real estate
Weston’s scenic charm is largely attributed to the town’s architectural diversity. Buyers will be able to find Cape Cod-style homes, Colonial Revivals, Tudors, and other elegant architectural designs.
There’s a wide selection of excellent properties to choose from in Weston. Homes in the area can fit any type of lifestyle or budget. You will find well-built Colonials on scenic tree-lined streets, sprawling 6-bedroom homes with first-class features and amenities, and stunning expansive lots with opportunities to build your very own dream home.
Most of the homes are beautifully appointed, with features such as professionally landscaped grounds, gourmet kitchens with large center islands and new stainless steel appliances, sun-filled family rooms, elegant formal dining rooms and master suites with spectacular views.
Quick facts about Weston
- Dog owners can check out Cat Rock Park, a dog-friendly park where you can let your dog roam leash-free. The park has wide open space, scenic trails, and a beautiful pond.
- Commuters in Weston have easy access to three MBTA commuter rail stations on the Fitchburg Line: Hastings, Kendall Green, and Silver Hill.
- Beginners and avid skiers can visit Weston Ski Track, which features a 2.5-km lighted ski loop. The facility offers lessons, weekly races, snowshoe rentals, group outings, and more.
- Take your kids to Land’s Sake Farm, a non-profit educational farm where you can harvest syrup, run a farm stand, pick fruits and vegetables, go on hay rides, and more.
- Weston encompasses a total area of about 17 square miles.
- The Boston Post Road was home to many taverns of great historic importance during the 18th century. The Golden Ball Tavern and the Josiah Smith Tavern, which were both established during the mid-1700s, still have a great presence in the center of town..
- Weston boasts over 2,000 acres of conservation land with 100 miles of trails for walking, horseback-riding and cross-country skiing.
Important Weston Town Links
- www.landsake.org – Land’s Sake Farmstand and Educational Programs.
- www.wccakids.org – Weston Community Children’s Association
- www.weston.org – Weston Forest and Trails Association
- www.westonfriendly.org – Weston Friendly Society of Performing Arts
- www.westonhistory.org – Weston Historical Society
- www.wclweston.org – Weston Community League
- www.westonschools.org – Weston Schools
Traci’s Picks – Live. Laugh. Food. Fun.
- Adventurer – Walk Around The Reservoir
- Athletic Club – Wightman Tennis Center (Private club)
- Discerning Palate – Dumpling Daughter
- Equestrian – Trails Galore
- Golf Enthusiast – The Weston Golf Club, Pine Brook Country Club
- Hostess Gift – Trove
- Ice Cream Lover – Dairy Joy (cash only)
- Shopping – Weston Table
- Specialty Food – Brothers Marketplace
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.