Wayland is a town located midway between the cities of Worcester and Boston. It is part of Middlesex County, and is surrounded by communities such as Weston, Sudbury, Lincoln, Natick, and Framingham.
Considered one of the region’s more affluent suburban communities, Wayland offers easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment venues, giving its residents plenty of enjoyable things to do and great destinations to visit. Despite its close proximity to a variety of attractions, the town still manages to retain a quiet bedroom community vibe, making it a very relaxing and enjoyable place to live in.
Wayland is ideal for both urban professionals and growing families, with its excellent school system and easy access to the city of Boston.
Schools in Wayland are managed by the Wayland School District, one of the finest school districts in the state. It was ranked one of the top 10 school districts out of 135 in Massachusetts by Boston Magazine.
Wayland School District administers five schools: Claypit Hill School (grades 1-5), Happy Hollow Elementary School (grades 1-5), Loker School, Wayland Middle School (grades 6-8), and Wayland High School (grades 9-12).
About 2,600 students are currently enrolled in the school district.
Wayland real estate
The scenic community boasts a superb selection of properties ideal for a variety of families. Because of the town’s preservation efforts to maintain nearby fields, forests, and marshlands, many of the homes are located in picturesque neighborhoods with breathtaking panoramic views of nature.
Properties in the area are great for families of any size. Some options include comfortable 2-bedroom condos or apartments, beautiful single-family homes surrounded by woodlands, and luxurious estates filled with the finest features and amenities.
Prospective buyers will be able to choose from properties boasting a wide variety of great features, such as bright and airy open floor plans, hardwood floors, elegant dining and family rooms, spacious kitchens with chef-grade appliances, expansive yards, and well-designed master bedrooms with large walk-in closets.
There’s also plenty of vacant land in the area for those looking to build their dream home from the ground up.
Quick facts about Wayland
- Wayland takes its name from Dr. Francis Wayland, a preacher and the former president of Brown University. Wayland is also known for establishing the Wayland Free Public Library during the mid-1800s. The library is arguably the first free public library in Massachusetts.
- The town encompasses a total area of almost 16 square miles, and is home to more than 13,000 permanent residents.
- The town of Wayland started out as the first settlement of Sudbury Plantation during the 1600s. It was officially incorporated in 1780.
- The Wayland Town Center provides shopping and dining opportunities for the town’s residents.
- There are two public golf courses available in Wayland: the Sandy Burr Country Club and Wayland Country Club, both of which are located along Route 27.
- During warmer months, many residents enjoy going to the town’s outdoor destinations such as Lake Cochituate, Mill Pond, and the many pine-forested picnic areas and conservation areas.
For more information about Wellesley, contact Traci Shulkin today at 617-939-6309 or send her a message at Traci@benoitmiznersimon.com.
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.